Yilan County , also spelled Ilan County, (宜蘭縣; Yílán Xiàn) is in located on the east north coast of Taiwan.
- 1 Yilan – the main city, with two big department stores, YouAi and Luna Plaza, National Yilan University, a big sports park, a decent cultural center, a small but tasty nightmarket, and some general great eats.
- 1 Jiaoxi – is known island-wide for it’s plentiful hot spring resorts. It’s also home to some great hiking trails and waterfalls.
- 1 Toucheng – is a popular surfing destination. Offers spectacular sunrise views and is the disembarkation point for whale watching.
- 1 Yuanshan
– has a nice little park that is heavily laterned during the lantern festival.
- 1 Datong Township
- 1 Dongshan
- 1 Dong’ao Nanxi – has one of the most beautiful coastal views in Yilan.
- 1 Nanao – has Yilan’s largest aboriginal population and has a few good hiking trails.
- 1 Luodong – Yilan’s business center – prospered as a logging town during the Japanese Colonial Era. Also has an impressive nightmarket and beautiful park.
- 1 Sanshing
- 1 Suao – a harbour town famed for its seafood and cold springs.
- 1 Wujie – home to the National Center for Traditional Arts and the DongShan River Waterpark.