Wright Air Service is an Americancommuter airline based in Fairbanks, Alaska, United States. It was established by Al Wright and started operations in 1967. It is located off the east ramp near the Fairbanks International Airport. The president of the company was Robert Bursiel, but the company was recently bought out by a new owner in 2017.
Bob Bursiel, former president, started as a pilot for Wright’s in 1968. As the company grew, more aircraft joined the fleet. Bursiel then became the owner of Wright’s in 1982, changing the company’s focus from game surveys, short fields, and Trans-Alaska Pipeline construction support, to carrying passengers and mail to the remote villages of Alaska.
The Wright Air Service fleet includes the following aircraft:
On 7 July 2020, Wright Air acquired 4 Cessna planes at Ravn Alaska‘s bankruptcy auction.
Wright Air Service operates scheduled passenger flights to the following locations in Alaska (as of July 2020):
- Allakaket (AET) – Allakaket Airport (to Bettles, Fairbanks)
- Anaktuvuk Pass (AKP) – Anaktuvuk Pass Airport (to Bettles, Fairbanks)
- Arctic Village (ARC) – Arctic Village Airport (to Fairbanks, Fort Yukon, Venetie)
- Bettles (BTT) – Bettles Airport (to Allakaket, Anaktuvuk Pass, Fairbanks)
- Coldfoot (CXF) – Coldfoot Airport
- Chalkyitsik (CIK) – Chalkyitsik Airport
- Birch Creek (KBC) – Birch Creek Airport (to Fairbanks, Venetie)
- Fairbanks (FAI) – Fairbanks International Airport(hub)
- Fort Yukon (FYU) – Fort Yukon Airport (to Arctic Village, Birch Creek, Fairbanks, Venetie)
- Galena (GAL) – Edward G. Pitka Sr. Airport (to Kaltag)
- Hughes (HUS) – Hughes Airport (to Fairbanks, Tanana)
- Huslia (HSL) – Huslia Airport (to Fairbanks, Hughes, Tanana, Ruby)
- Kaltag (KAL) – Kaltag Airport (to Nulato)
- Koyukuk (KYU) – Koyukuk Airport (to Huslia)
- Lake Minchumina (LMA) – Minchumina Airport (to Fairbanks)
- Nulato (NUL) – Nulato Airport (to Koyukuk)
- Ruby (RBY) – Ruby Airport (to Fairbanks)
- Tanana (TAL) – Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport (to Fairbanks, Hughes, Huslia)
- Venetie (VEE) – Venetie Airport (to Arctic Village, Birch Creek, Fairbanks, Fort Yukon)
Wright Air Service also provides charter service.