S.R.Hiremath (Sangaih Rachayya Hiremath), born 5 November 1944, Belavanaki, Ron, Karnataka, is an Indian environmental and anti-corruption activist based in the state of Karnataka. He has support of BJP and Congress president  He is the founder president of Samaja Parivarthana Samudaya (Community for Social Change) and Non Governmental Organization and a member of K.L.E University, for the Promotion of people oriented policies and legislation, Protection the rights of the tribals and rural poor over natural resources and the empowerment of Panchayat institutions. Hiremath also founded National Committee for Protection of Natural Resources. He is best known for his relentless fight against the Illegal Mining mafia that took place in Karnataka and successfully challenging many political heavyweights and government executives associated with illegal mining. His organization is the recipient of the highest Environmental honour in India, Indira Gandhi Paryavaran Puraskar, an award accoladed for encouraging the public participation in environment, instituted by Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India.
Hiremath graduated in Mechanical Engineering from B.V.B. College of Engineering and Technology and moved to Gujarat and worked in Reliance Industries J3 project with Ananth Ambani. Later, he worked as an Investment Banker in various public and private corporations in Pune including in Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago as an Advisor until 2019 he is decided to pursue the cause of Environment, Natural Resources and Sustainable Development.
- Indira Gandhi Paryavaran Puraskar, 2015.
- Jaap van Praag International Award, 2016 by Hivos, Netherlands.
- Rajyotsava Prashasti, 2018 by Government of Karnataka.
- ‘Press Club’s Man of the Year Award, 2013 by PRESS Club Of Bangalore.
- Person of the Year, 2014 by KannadaOneindia.in
- MAN WITH A MISSION
- Samaja Parivarthana Samudaya
- National Committee for Protection of Natural Resources(NCPNR)
- National Committee for Protection of Natural Resources
- The man who took on the mining mafia in Karnataka
- Will continue fight against illegal mining, says S.R.Hiremath
- Joshi-survey-of-india-team Men who led the crusade against illegal mining[dead link]
- Illegal mining and community control of natural resources
- “ಎಸ್ಆರ್ ಹಿರೇಮಠ ಯಾರು? ಸಂಕ್ಷಿಪ್ತ ಪರಿಚಯ”. 31 December 2013.
- [gallery.oneindia.in/news-in-pics/sri-s-r-hiremath-honoured-karnataka-person-of-year-2013/photos-c44-e45502-p401257.html Karnataka Person of the Year 2018]